One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With as putridly late as he was for breakfast anyway, he didn't have time to be checking posts on his fansite.’
- ‘The Raffalesia plant, also known as the ‘corpse plant’, was putridly sickening.’
- ‘We would run to him, sweaty and out of breath, and he would embrace us both, and tell me how putridly I stunk of perspiration.’
- ‘He either locks himself inside that dusty old library, or remains in that putridly small studio of his.’
- ‘The whole thing stank but, apparently, not as putridly in South Africa as elsewhere.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.