One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An oily amine formed from arginine during putrefaction.
- ‘It has been observed at 1063 cm-' for both spermidine and putrescine.’
- ‘The noxious gases putrescine and cadaverine get on your clothes too.’
- ‘A safe dose is up to 400 milligrams of putrescine per day.’
- ‘In plants, putrescine is also produced through an alternative arginine decarboxylase pathway.’
- ‘However, Lefevre et al. found an ion-specific increase in putrescine and tyramine concentrations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.