One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The standard spoken form of modern Chinese, based on the dialect of Beijing.
- ‘They refuse to speak putonghua and they refuse to travel to China.’
- ‘Suyong used a mixture of Anhui dialect and putonghua to speak to the reporter, so her meaning is barely understood.’
- ‘Another option if you speak a bit of the putonghua is to have a tailor visit you at home.’
- ‘He spoke for too long and his putonghua is not very good.’
- ‘The official language of China is putonghua or Mandarin, spoken by over 70 percent of the Han Chinese.’
Chinese, literally ‘common spoken language’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.