One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A basket scored immediately after recovering a missed shot.‘he took the rebound for a quick putback as the buzzer sounded’
- ‘He knocked down spot-up 3-pointers, shot off the dribble, posted up, scored off putbacks.’
- ‘Against the Pacers, he had a monstrous, one-handed offensive rebound putback slam.’
- ‘They failed to put away putbacks, missing layups instead of throwing down the easy dunk.’
- ‘Snow gave the Mystics the lead on a putback with 1:47 remaining.’
- ‘An Amir Johnson putback at the buzzer got Toronto five extra minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.