One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A basket scored immediately after recovering a missed shot.‘he took the rebound for a quick putback as the buzzer sounded’
- ‘Against the Pacers, he had a monstrous, one-handed offensive rebound putback slam.’
- ‘Snow gave the Mystics the lead on a putback with 1:47 remaining.’
- ‘He knocked down spot-up 3-pointers, shot off the dribble, posted up, scored off putbacks.’
- ‘An Amir Johnson putback at the buzzer got Toronto five extra minutes.’
- ‘They failed to put away putbacks, missing layups instead of throwing down the easy dunk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.