One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Adopt a defensive posture.
- ‘I put up my guard, but there wasn't anything wrong with playing along!’
- ‘As soon as he enters the room, the old woman begins to be suspicious and puts up her guard.’
- ‘There was a little desperation in his voice and it immediately made her put up her guard.’
- ‘The group put up their guard and Shu was put in the centre of their tightly knit circle to keep him from direct harm.’
- ‘It was the times when he reminded her of the Tyler she knew in high school that made her put up her guard.’
- ‘At the mention of her husband she immediately put up her guard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.