One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Adopt a defensive posture.
- ‘I put up my guard, but there wasn't anything wrong with playing along!’
- ‘There was a little desperation in his voice and it immediately made her put up her guard.’
- ‘The group put up their guard and Shu was put in the centre of their tightly knit circle to keep him from direct harm.’
- ‘As soon as he enters the room, the old woman begins to be suspicious and puts up her guard.’
- ‘At the mention of her husband she immediately put up her guard.’
- ‘It was the times when he reminded her of the Tyler she knew in high school that made her put up her guard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.