One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Adjust clocks or watches backward (or forward) to take account of official changes in time.
- ‘I have put my clocks forward, apart from the three that are radio-controlled and should look after themselves.’
- ‘It's October 27th, and three days before we put the clocks back.’
- ‘Dont forget to put your clocks back tonight.’
- ‘Western Australia has started putting their clocks forward over the last two summers.’
- ‘We put the clocks forward a couple of days ago, it's British summertime.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.