One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Applaud; clap.‘I want you all to put your hands together for Barry’
clap, cheer, whistle, give a standing ovation to, put one's hands togetherView synonyms
- ‘Now, put your hands together for the first poet tonight.’
- ‘Would you please put your hands together and join me in welcoming our debaters tonight.’
- ‘How about we put our hands together and welcome the people that helped the newlyweds put this day together?’
- ‘Let's all put our hands together to welcome the bride and bridegroom!’
- ‘Please put your hands together for our speakers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.