One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make necessary reforms.‘they need to put their own economic house in order’
- ‘And the overall message to the arbiters of the city's destiny is blunt and clear - set your house in order or else people will start looking elsewhere when they consider a location for their next round of investment.’
- ‘They bounced back, put their house in order and became a paradigm of how it can all work out.’
- ‘Mr Fernandes said that his client had a poor record before 2000 but since then had tried to put his house in order.’
- ‘It is time that we in this country put our house in order.’
- ‘They have been told to put their house in order and have so far failed and even refused to do so.’
- ‘Will you become a true Christian and set your house in order?’
- ‘We don't have much time to put our house in order if we are to be hit again,’ he said.’
- ‘Especially on long train trips, there is time to think, to mull over one's troubles, to put one's house in order, to ponder.’
- ‘The corporate governance inspection report said we had to put our house in order.’
- ‘Let us first set our house in order before showing it off to others through the Net.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.