One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An intoxicating beverage made by adding cough syrup containing codeine and promethazine to a carbonated soft drink, consumed as a recreational drug.‘he was in the hospital after overdosing on purple drank’
- ‘They don't get messed up on purple drank to the point where the liver damage shows on their autopsy.’
- ‘Drinking that purple drank and smoking weed isn't a good mix.’
- ‘The purplish hue of purple drank comes from dyes in the cough syrup.’
- ‘Purple drank is supposedly most often used in combination with a mixture of other drugs and alcohol.’
- ‘Have you started doing blunts and purple drank?’
- ‘Purple drank is confirmed or suspected to have caused the deaths of several prominent users.’
- ‘The concoction she reportedly sipped the night of her breakdown - a mix of vodka, Red Bull and NyQuil called a Purple Monster - may be a variation on Purple Drank, a rapper cocktail that includes Sprite and prescription cough syrup with codeine.’
- ‘He was seen to be drinking from a styrofoam cup, which is associated with a type of drink called 'sizzurp' or 'purple drank'.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.