One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An inbred line of genetic descent.
- ‘Furthermore, the biology of wood formation is surprisingly understudied because of the inherent problems of tree species: long generation time, large size, and lack of genetically pure lines.’
- ‘Haploid breeding is a powerful tool for the production of pure lines.’
- ‘Haploid production followed by chromosome doubling results in the creation of genetically pure lines within a short period of time.’
- ‘Total DNA was extracted from eight lines of NC hybrids and five parental pure lines.’
- ‘By 52 days both hybrid lines laid more eggs on average than either of the pure lines.’
pure line/ˈpyo͝or ˌlīn/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.