One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
And nothing else (used for emphasis)‘it was revenge, pure and simple’
- ‘This is rock music, pure and simple, and they were very much a rock band.’
- ‘Misogynism, pure and simple, played a large part in it.’
- ‘This isn't health policy, this is just politics, pure and simple.’
- ‘It's glam rock, pure and simple, and at high risk of sounding like everyone's dad, it was better the first time.’
- ‘What is now a tolerable sweep into disputed territory would be denounced in the U.N. as invasion pure and simple.’
- ‘Where post-punk was arty, difficult, and challenging, new wave was pop music, pure and simple.’
- ‘There was no physical abuse, but it was intimidation, pure and simple.’
- ‘Patents serve the research and development strategies of big corporations, pure and simple.’
- ‘This is not a war of ideas, but a one-sided game where liberals allow the right to get away with anything pure and simple.’
- ‘But the film he was in showed his intent and interests pure and simple.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.