Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The financial ability to buy products and services.
- ‘It confuses a shift in purchasing power with a net increase of it, wage rates with wage payments.’
- ‘He points to experience, purchasing power and brand awareness as the pillars of a successful franchising operation.’
- ‘Be aware of your purchasing power and remind the lender that other competitors are keen for your business.’
- ‘Nonetheless, the issuance of financial claims that creates purchasing power augments system liquidity.’
- ‘This constraint can be generalized to include not only an individual's purchasing power but also a time budget.’
- 1.1The value of a sum of money.‘the purchasing power of a million dollars isn't what it used to be’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.