One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A stimulant action on the parasympathetic portion of the oculomotor nucleus (third cranial nerve) is responsible for pupillary miosis.’
- ‘If light reflex is diminished in one eye, a swinging flashlight test may discriminate between an afferent (retina or optic nerve) lesion and an efferent (third nerve or pupillary muscle) lesion.’
- ‘The cornea, the pupillary opening within the iris, the lens, and the aqueous and vitreous humor combine to form the refractive media of the eye.’
- ‘She had pendular nystagmus, but pupillary and fundus examination showed nothing abnormal.’
- ‘He made several noteworthy contributions in medicine, including work on typhoid fever, aortic aneurysm, hysteria, pupillary abnormalities in neurosyphilis, and vertigo.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.