One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For that, and for the delight of his surname which pleases headline writers and punsters everywhere, it is wonderful that Jim Butter - Fingers to his pals - will be with us for at least another season.’
- ‘Newspapers all over the world seem to employ punsters to write their headlines - you must have noticed. 'The oompah strikes back ’, for example, about an ambitious euphonium player. ‘Ewe'll be in trouble’ about a stolen sheep.’
- ‘But Norris also will be remembered as the ultimate pin punster and prankster.’
- ‘He has looked, to revert to the vernacular of the tabloid punsters for a moment, a player of the highest calibre.’
- ‘Larry, I just hope that all the punsters and pollsters and pundits are wrong, and it's not close.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.