One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Actually it's punningly called Steps To The Stars because the show is presented to two members of teen sensation, Steps.’
- ‘And Gertrude retaliates in kind when she punningly and pithily retorts: ‘We shall as soon get a fart from a dead man as a farthing of courtesy here.’’
- ‘Who else would write, let alone attempt to sing, a line such as ‘I hate verisimilitude’, or punningly entitle a song ‘Neil Jung’?’
- ‘In turn, the double sirloin joined by the lumbar spine became punningly known as a baron of beef.’
- ‘This subject, called punningly by Lacan le sujet troue (the subject full of holes), uses an objet trouvé (a found object) to figure both the hole and the bit that's missing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.