One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The punitiveness of the criminal code was both inhumane and counter-productive.’
- ‘The presence of a climate of punitiveness and regimentation is a longstanding concern in other studies of the trajectory of adolescents in various forms of mental health or substance abuse treatment.’
- ‘The authors believe that measuring positive and negative emotional involvement separately revealed significant findings on maternal intrusiveness and punitiveness.’
- ‘I have just put online here one of my academic papers that reports some survey findings about punitiveness.’
- ‘For criminal offenders, if different sanctions are to have the punitive and deterrent effect that the public and officials desire, offenders must generally share the state's punitiveness in ranking of criminal sanctions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.