One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For criminal offenders, if different sanctions are to have the punitive and deterrent effect that the public and officials desire, offenders must generally share the state's punitiveness in ranking of criminal sanctions.’
- ‘The authors believe that measuring positive and negative emotional involvement separately revealed significant findings on maternal intrusiveness and punitiveness.’
- ‘The punitiveness of the criminal code was both inhumane and counter-productive.’
- ‘I have just put online here one of my academic papers that reports some survey findings about punitiveness.’
- ‘The presence of a climate of punitiveness and regimentation is a longstanding concern in other studies of the trajectory of adolescents in various forms of mental health or substance abuse treatment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.