One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Cruel physical punishments degrade the punishers as well as the punished.’
- ‘Great managers are enlargers and enhancers, not punishers and straighteners.’
- ‘Apparently, if you have been clicked at less than 15 kph over the limit and have not had a speed ticket or accident in the previous three years you can write to the speed camera punishers and plead for a caution instead of a fine.’
- ‘Veteran striker Roddy Grant, that prolific penalty-box punisher of clubs, is obviously a man with no romance in his soul.’
- ‘Manning used to say that Australian public life broke into two groups: the enlargers, and the punishers and straighteners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.