One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An oximeter that measures the proportion of oxygenated hemoglobin in the blood in pulsating vessels, especially the capillaries of the finger or ear.
- ‘Manufacturers of pulse oximeters have sought to reduce motion artifact in the pulse signal through improvements in the algorithms.’
- ‘This can be demonstrated with an altimeter inside the bag, and marked improvements in oxygen saturation are measurable with a pulse oximeter.’
- ‘These signals were then fed digitally into each of the pulse oximeters being studied.’
- ‘If a pulse oximeter or oxygen sat monitor is available this will reveal a significantly lower oxygen saturation at a given altitude.’
- ‘We also used a pulse oximeter to measure oxygen saturation of the blood.’
- ‘The equipment library holds a stock of equipment such as infusion devices, pulse oximeters, patient monitors and pressure relieving mattresses.’
- ‘These variables should be included and analyzed in all future studies on pulse oximeters.’
- ‘Extended monitoring with a pulse oximeter is mandatory for these patients.’
- ‘It was initially marketed in 1982 and became the standard conventional pulse oximeter.’
- ‘All patients are equipped with a pulse oximeter for monitoring of percutaneous oxygen saturation.’
- ‘There is only one report of a skin burn, which was caused by a pulse oximeter that probably activated the photosensitiser.’
- ‘A pulse oximeter may be placed on the patient to monitor the amount of oxygen in the blood.’
- ‘Lack of standardization of the pulse oximeters resulted in use of several probes in a short period.’
- ‘The pulse oximeter, which measures blood oxygen saturation, merely requires that a sensor be attached to the fingertip of the patient being monitored.’
- ‘A blood pressure cuff tracks your blood pressure and another device, a pulse oximeter, measures the amount of oxygen in your blood.’
- ‘One easy way to check is to use a pulse oximeter to monitor oxygen saturations intermittently during treatment.’
- ‘Therefore if these are pathologically elevated, the pulse oximeter will give a falsely elevated reading.’
- ‘To assure good-quality recording, the pulse oximeters were powered by an alternating-current electricity source.’
- ‘The nurse applies electrocardiogram leads, a blood pressure cuff, and a pulse oximeter.’
- ‘The company has completed three projects for the medical sector, including a cardiac output monitor, an insulin pump, and a pulse oximeter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.