One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Subject (cells in a culture) to a pulse of an isotopic label.
- ‘Each culture was pulse-labeled for 1 min with 250 Ci [methyl-H] methionine.’
- ‘During the 20-min pulse-labeling period in I + medium, the wild-type strain incorporated >30% of lipid-associated P into PI.’
- ‘To address the possibility that a pulse-labeling period shorter than 30 min might be necessary to observe equivalent rates of protein synthesis in the two strains, pulse labeling for 5 min was performed.’
- ‘Mitochondrial protein synthesis was determined by pulse-labeling cell cultures in the presence of emetine as described by Chomyn.’
- ‘Temperature shift and measurement of protein synthesis by pulse-labeling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.