[attributive] Relating to the lungs.‘pulmonary blood flow’→ pulmonic
- ‘Replacement of the aortic and pulmonary valves with the pulmonary autograft.’
- ‘A blockage in the lungs is called pulmonary embolism and can cause of sudden, unexpected death.’
- ‘Most patients had severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on British Thoracic Society criteria.’
- ‘This can lead to an increase in pulmonary capillary pressure that is sufficient to induce pulmonary congestion.’
- ‘Studies in the lung have focused mainly on the regeneration of pulmonary epithelium.’
Mid 17th century: from Latin pulmonarius, from pulmo, pulmon- lung.