Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[attributive] Relating to the lungs.‘pulmonary blood flow’→ pulmonic
- ‘Replacement of the aortic and pulmonary valves with the pulmonary autograft.’
- ‘A blockage in the lungs is called pulmonary embolism and can cause of sudden, unexpected death.’
- ‘Most patients had severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on British Thoracic Society criteria.’
- ‘This can lead to an increase in pulmonary capillary pressure that is sufficient to induce pulmonary congestion.’
- ‘Studies in the lung have focused mainly on the regeneration of pulmonary epithelium.’
Mid 17th century: from Latin pulmonarius, from pulmo, pulmon- lung.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.