One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pork cooked slowly over low heat until it is tender enough to be pulled into strips, often prepared with a barbecue sauce.
- ‘Environmental concerns aside, the polystyrene plastic doesn't seem to have an adverse affect on the taste of ribs, pulled pork or brisket.’
- ‘I had an excellent bacon cheeseburger with fries, and Jenn had a life-changing pulled pork sammich.’
- ‘Dad went immediately up to the counter and ordered a pulled pork dinner, choosing sides of coleslaw and potato salad.’
- ‘He proudly does his own smoking, not just chicken but ribs, pulled pork, and fish, and he makes his own barbecue sauce.’
- ‘The delicious pulled pork sandwich crowned with coleslaw on a soft bun shared top billing.’
- ‘The sign outside might lead you to believe that the meat for another specialty here, the pulled pork sandwich, is cooked over an open fire.’
- ‘The pulled pork was served cold but was exceptionally tender, and the potato-like jicama was served very effectively in small slices.’
- ‘A pulled pork hero is $7.29 and can be dressed up with sauteed onions and melted mozzarella.’
- ‘Some areas cook the entire hog, others just the pork shoulder, some make pulled pork.’
- ‘We also had chili dogs one night; fried chicken w / waffle fries another night and homemade pulled pork BBQ another evening.’
- ‘All that being said, I wouldn't really call the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic or whatever a real bastion of pulled pork.’
- ‘Pork needs massive seasoning for flavor, hence ham, pulled pork, ribs, bacon.’
- ‘After eating pulled pork at a local spot, the two began making their own at home, right in the oven.’
- ‘In addition to sundry salads and appetizers, Bobby Q's offers pulled pork, two types of ribs, and beef brisket.’
- ‘We both went for the combo which contained a portion of pulled pork, a BBQ chicken breast and wing and two sides.’
- ‘Inexpensive, loaded with flavor, and delightfully stringy, the cut called "Boston butt" makes mean pulled pork sandwiches.’
- ‘The pulled pork satisfied but didn't wow our resident barbecue expert.’
- ‘But sink your teeth into the North Carolina pulled pork, and your surroundings will suddenly seem irrelevant.’
- ‘The pulled pork is, quite simply, melt in the mouth, while the chicken is juicily tender.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.