One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cause a driver to move to the side of the road to be charged for a traffic offense.‘he was pulled over for speeding’
- ‘Briefly stated, the applicant was driving a vehicle when he was pulled over by police, searched, arrested for possession of contraband cigarettes contrary to the Excise Act of Canada and the vehicle and its boxed contents seized.’
- ‘The morning after we arrived we were caught up in a police road block where we were pulled over and questioned.’
- ‘I'm the police officer who pulled you over once because one of your taillights were out.’
- ‘Police pulled him over and administered a breathalyser test, which he failed.’
- ‘Or maybe it was the helpful police officer who pulled us over because the gas cap on the passenger side of the car hadn't been closed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.