One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hitter who normally drives the ball in the direction of the follow-through of the bat.
- ‘Once considered a dead pull hitter, he now uses the entire field - about half his home runs last season were hit the opposite way.’
- ‘Looking at the distance down the right field line for the first time made me realize the big advantage a left-handed pull hitter had over the pitcher.’
- ‘He'll go with the pitch, although his home run power is as a pull hitter.’
- ‘The left side is his power side, but he's not a pull hitter; he sprays balls from the right-center gap to the left field line.’
- ‘A natural pull hitter, Matsui has learned, slowly, that he must go with that pitch and send it the other way to left field.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.