One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive (of a menu) appearing below a menu title only while selected.Compare with drop-down
- ‘We'll make it as easy as possible by providing you with an online, automatic metadata generator that has pull-down menus to select headings from a subject tree and support from ISL staff.’
- ‘The software's pull-down menus and interface are also more flexible and easier to use.’
- ‘In this case, select your CD Recordable drive from the pull-down menu.’
- ‘To begin, I edited the existing pull-down menus in both software packages and added descriptions to the more common commands.’
- ‘This site will also let you select a specific movie title from a pull-down menu, enter your zip code and see reviews, clips or determine where the movie is showing in your area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.