One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive (of a menu) appearing below a menu title only while selected.Compare with drop-down
- ‘The software's pull-down menus and interface are also more flexible and easier to use.’
- ‘This site will also let you select a specific movie title from a pull-down menu, enter your zip code and see reviews, clips or determine where the movie is showing in your area.’
- ‘To begin, I edited the existing pull-down menus in both software packages and added descriptions to the more common commands.’
- ‘We'll make it as easy as possible by providing you with an online, automatic metadata generator that has pull-down menus to select headings from a subject tree and support from ISL staff.’
- ‘In this case, select your CD Recordable drive from the pull-down menu.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.