One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Her continued efforts at world pugilistic dominance recommence on Jan.16 in championships in Pointe Claire, where she'll be battling again to maintain her ranking.’
- ‘Buried in his pugilistic proclamation - in which he also declared war on ‘nonviolent civil disobedience’ - was a curious invitation.’
- ‘Finding no solace at home, he is taunted, bullied and beaten by a pugilistic stepfather and eventually sent by his sympathetic, but passive, mother to a private boarding school to study his sixth form.’
- ‘A favorite uncle provided pointers on pugilistic defenses against bullies - namely her father, who was the first regular bully in her life.’
- ‘Political infighting rarely comes to real fisticuffs, but the Scottish Tories at their Dundee conference this weekend were clearly being inspired by pugilistic events going on at Hampden.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.