One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A favorite uncle provided pointers on pugilistic defenses against bullies - namely her father, who was the first regular bully in her life.’
- ‘Her continued efforts at world pugilistic dominance recommence on Jan.16 in championships in Pointe Claire, where she'll be battling again to maintain her ranking.’
- ‘Finding no solace at home, he is taunted, bullied and beaten by a pugilistic stepfather and eventually sent by his sympathetic, but passive, mother to a private boarding school to study his sixth form.’
- ‘Political infighting rarely comes to real fisticuffs, but the Scottish Tories at their Dundee conference this weekend were clearly being inspired by pugilistic events going on at Hampden.’
- ‘Buried in his pugilistic proclamation - in which he also declared war on ‘nonviolent civil disobedience’ - was a curious invitation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.