1An Indian turban.
- ‘‘This,’ she said, proffering Mr. Dobbs' steamed fedora with its saffron puggaree, as if it were a fresh pie.’
- ‘I cannot tell you upon what impulse I acted, but lifting my rifle I brought it down till it was trained just short of the rim of his white puggaree, and fired.’
- 1.1A thin muslin scarf tied around a sun helmet so as to hang down over the wearer's neck and shield it from the sun.
- ‘Originally made of pith with small peaks at the front and back, the helmet was covered by white cloth, often with a cloth band (or puggaree) around it, and small holes for ventilation.’
- ‘This ceremonial cork helmet, with puggaree, may have been for the South African Police Mounted Unit - or perhaps the Govenor-Generals mounted escort.’
From Hindi pagṛī turban.