One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short sleeve gathered at the top and cuff and full in the middle.
- ‘The first slide was a simple off-the-shoulder dress with a single puff sleeve.’
- ‘Last seen wearing a light green ball gown with small puff sleeves and embroidered sequins.’
- ‘Everything that the Victorians could not live without being revived - frills and ruffles, puff sleeves, draping, flounces and empire waist silhouettes give a much-needed boost to the femininity in every woman.’
- ‘For spring/summer 2001 she offers ‘Domestic Science’ a ‘charming collection featuring tailored swimwear inspired by the 1920s, puff sleeve blouses with candy striped bow ties and granny sweaters.’’
- ‘With a clean cut and simple design, the collection takes the white blouse as the basic cloth, adding stripes, colour contrast, embroidery, pleats, decorated belts and puff sleeves to highlight the femininity of working women.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.