One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An article or story in the media that is excessively complimentary about a person, product, event, etc.
- ‘There's a short featurette on the making of the film, but it's a studio puff piece that's over before you know it and really gives you little information that you're not already aware of.’
- ‘Much more than a studio puff piece, there is some intriguing material here.’
- ‘There are no extras offered, not a publicity puff piece or a behind the scenes featurette.’
- ‘Of course, the article is a puff piece aimed at getting you to buy the forthcoming book.’
- ‘The featurette is just a promotional puff piece from the movie's release, clocking in at seven minutes, and is hardly worth mentioning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.