One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An article or story in the media that is excessively complimentary about a person, product, event, etc.
- ‘The featurette is just a promotional puff piece from the movie's release, clocking in at seven minutes, and is hardly worth mentioning.’
- ‘There are no extras offered, not a publicity puff piece or a behind the scenes featurette.’
- ‘Much more than a studio puff piece, there is some intriguing material here.’
- ‘Of course, the article is a puff piece aimed at getting you to buy the forthcoming book.’
- ‘There's a short featurette on the making of the film, but it's a studio puff piece that's over before you know it and really gives you little information that you're not already aware of.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.