One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Caribbean island of Puerto Rico.‘his paintings are tied deeply to his Puerto Rican heritage’
- ‘I'm part Puerto Rican - my middle name is Martinez.’
- ‘The majority of attendees were Puerto Rican and called for a Puerto Rican organization.’
- ‘787 Crew: This Puerto Rican outfit combine acrobatics with hip-hop-style dance.’
- ‘My mother doesn't play any instruments, but she always is listening to Puerto Rican music.’
- ‘Puerto Rican farmers have established about 2,000 acres of mango orchards in response to increased demand for these fruits.’
- ‘The Puerto Rican/French actress got accepted to Columbia University when she was only 16!’
A native or inhabitant of the Caribbean island of Puerto Rico, or a person of Puerto Rican descent.‘the young Puerto Rican sees his boss as uncaring’
- ‘"I use my language differently from other Puerto Ricans and my perspective has to be colored by those differences."’
- ‘Many Puerto Ricans use solar power for hot water heating, for example, but not for electricity.’
- ‘The director is an Irishman married to a Puerto Rican, with an obvious interest in his wife's culture.’
- ‘Around 1900, many Puerto Ricans immigrated to Hawaii to work on the plantations.’
- ‘Puerto Ricans are all US citizens by birth no matter if they are born here or in P.R.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.