One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Until the candidates started putting their lips to good, puckery use, I'd mistakenly thought that this year's presidential contest was about two guys with lots of ideas, but no ability to respectively construct single, unifying themes.’
- ‘The skin around it was an angry red and puckery, like too much skin had been gathered to stitch up one part of it.’
- ‘Shortly afterward, she closed the inch-long gap between them by drawing her own red puckery lips closer to his.’
- ‘Instead of being nicely tucked away inside my navel, it's now hovering just above, all hyperpigmented and puckery looking.’
- ‘The skin where the stitches are is red and puckery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.