One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The work of building such things as roads, schools, and reservoirs, carried out by the government for the community.
- ‘The proceeds from meters and fines currently go into public works such as footpaths, roads and drainage.’
- ‘Work on sewers, roads and other public works accounted for some of the more expensive costs.’
- ‘But his main concern was increased expenditure on road infrastructure and public works.’
- ‘Libraries, county offices, public works and hospitals were shut down in rotating order.’
- ‘Better roads in cities that receive heavier rains are testimony to the fact that blaming the rains is a lame excuse for poor quality of public works.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.