One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Buses, trains, subways, and other forms of transportation that charge set fares, run on fixed routes, and are available to the public.
- ‘No public transportation is available that could take her all the way to work.’
- ‘The answer for Swindon is to reduce the cost of bus fares to make public transport more attractive.’
- ‘That includes concessionary fares on public transport and better home adaptations.’
- ‘Improve public transport provision, with more services at weekends and late at night.’
- ‘Of course public transport should be improved, and people encouraged to use it.’
- ‘The site has plenty of public transport with a tram stop and six bus routes within easy walking distance.’
- ‘Her intentions for airports are also likely to include improved public transport access.’
- ‘Local availability of public transport will be a major factor in the calculation.’
- ‘Yes, I agree that public transportation does improve the atmosphere.’
- ‘Now, we can see that private cars and public transportation already fill up the designed route every day.’
- ‘We have cars or public transportation to take us wherever we want to go for a trivial sum.’
- ‘The facilities speak of an era when footballers travelled to training by public transport.’
- ‘It is expected that charges for heating and public transportation will also increase.’
- ‘You can also take advantage of public transportation, taxi cabs or shuttle services.’
- ‘Go by bus, train or other mass public transportation whenever possible.’
- ‘Proceeds from the charging would be spent exclusively on improving public transport.’
- ‘Where public transport is geared to transporting bikes, cycle tourism can flourish.’
- ‘Government attempts to get more people out of their cars and on to public transport appear to be failing.’
- ‘It is hoped more people will be tempted to switch from their cars to public transport.’
- ‘We have asked the questions to try and attract people out of their cars and use public transport.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.