One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A government official.
- ‘Why weren't the public servants either prosecuted for failing in their duty or at least reprimanded?’
- ‘Now, Australia's most senior naval commanders and public servants are being grilled.’
- ‘Labor became the natural choice for public servants, school teachers and social workers.’
- ‘No sign until late in the day of any of the respect politicians should have for public servants.’
- ‘Teachers and health workers in Tonga are supporting the public servants.’
- ‘He thinks he is a good public servant and he is contributing mightily.’
- ‘Nick is a dedicated public servant who executes his political masters' designs with vigor and enthusiasm.’
- ‘This is not to say that all public servants and politicians are unethical.’
- ‘For example, are public servants entitled to disobey instructions they believe are illegal?’
- ‘All this changed gradually and public servants metamorphosed into government servants.’
- ‘Pay cheques for teachers, public servants and police officers are up to six weeks in arrears.’
- ‘But these were simple questions about how public servants use their office cost allowances.’
- ‘Politicians and other public servants of the taxpayer have a poor reputation when it comes to getting things done on time.’
- ‘Yet, the sad fact is teachers have been among the lowest paid of public servants for many years.’
- ‘It is manifestly not what public servants and military careerists are used to.’
- ‘Secondly, linking public servants and politicians in the above manner is simply a category error.’
- ‘We would thus not have judges overruling the decisions of faceless public servants.’
- ‘It also seeks to improve the accountability of the public servants to spend and deliver the services.’
- ‘Now I'm a professional public servant, they are ministerial advisers.’
- ‘I mean, do you feel like you are destined to run for office or be a public servant?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.