One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of offering the stock of a particular company on a public stock exchange.‘the company raised $5.9 million in its public offering a year ago’
- ‘Webvan, flush with cash from its initial public offering, expanded rapidly into several metropolitan areas.’
- ‘With capital raised in the public offering, they imagined, they would acquire even more shops nationwide.’
- ‘The initial public offering may sell 5.3 million shares at $15 each, possibly raising $70.9 million.’
- ‘He has been involved in more than 350 venture-capital investments and public offerings.’
- ‘Would-be entrepreneurs like you could pass from the private fund-raising stage through an initial public offering or company sale in less than two years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.