The law of relationships between individuals and the government.
- ‘The key to this all is that the US law of legal tender is private law, not public law.’
- ‘Rescues were co-operative affairs, and although they were underpinned by law, this was the ordinary private law, not public law.’
- ‘You will have heard on the arguments that there were some interesting points raised particularly on the overlap between public law and private law.’
- ‘However, these principles had never strictly applied in public law and judicial review.’
- ‘As has been noted, the legality of their actions can be challenged in public law by applications for judicial review.’
public law/ˈpəblik lô/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.