One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Government benefits provided to the needy, usually in the form of cash or vouchers.
- ‘While conservatives talk about welfare recipients being a burden on the public, many don't realize how little we spend on public assistance.’
- ‘Thus, public assistance apparently provides the financial, material, and social support that enhances the social control function of the family.’
- ‘This will be welcomed by thousands of citizens, more so those who are eligible for old age pension, disability grants, NIS benefits and public assistance.’
- ‘Cooperative Services is a leader in providing public assistance to cooperatives, much of it in an educational vein.’
- ‘Many hourly workers were on public assistance because their pay was so low, she recalls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.