One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘military veterans suffering from PTSD’short for post-traumatic stress disorder
- ‘PTSD manifests itself as flashbacks of the original trauma, sleep disturbances, nightmares, hyper-vigilance and many more traits.’
- ‘The symptoms he described were characteristic of PTSD according to both ICD - 10 and DSM-IV psychiatric classification symptoms.’
- ‘Her symptoms as described suggested a diagnosis of chronic PTSD.’
- ‘Of the children who both witnessed violence and lost contact with a caregiver, 100 percent suffered from some form of PTSD.’
- ‘I think she has suffered from PTSD.’
- ‘We know that PTSD is something which needs careful diagnosis and detailed consideration of individual cases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.