One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting drugs which are capable of producing an effect on the mind similar to a psychotic state.
- ‘In animal models 5 - HT2 antagonists (ketanserin and spiperone) were shown to block the psychotomimetic effects of both LSD and DOM.’
- ‘Therefore, individuals displaying dramatic psychotomimetic effects resulting from phencyclidine ingestion should be treated as a psychiatric emergency.’
- ‘There is no clinically tested antidote available to antagonize the psychotomimetic symptomatology induced by PCP.’
- ‘LSD was a synthetic drug, based on a naturally produced substance, which is called psychotomimetic drugs, made out of this rust.’
A psychotomimetic drug.
- ‘High potency as an antagonist of 5-HT in isolated smooth muscle preparations was not correlated with high potency as a psychotomimetic.’
- ‘LSD - 25, used as a psychotomimetic, allows us to study these problems of communication from the inside and learn how to devise better methods of helping the sick.’
- ‘The hypothesis that psychotomimetics induce a rapid dopamine receptor regulation that could participate in the expression of the brain dopaminergic overactivation and in the early signs of psychotic-like behaviour, was checked by radioligand binding on rat brain cryosections.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.