One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting drugs which are capable of producing an effect on the mind similar to a psychotic state.
- ‘There is no clinically tested antidote available to antagonize the psychotomimetic symptomatology induced by PCP.’
- ‘In animal models 5 - HT2 antagonists (ketanserin and spiperone) were shown to block the psychotomimetic effects of both LSD and DOM.’
- ‘Therefore, individuals displaying dramatic psychotomimetic effects resulting from phencyclidine ingestion should be treated as a psychiatric emergency.’
- ‘LSD was a synthetic drug, based on a naturally produced substance, which is called psychotomimetic drugs, made out of this rust.’
A psychotomimetic drug.
- ‘The hypothesis that psychotomimetics induce a rapid dopamine receptor regulation that could participate in the expression of the brain dopaminergic overactivation and in the early signs of psychotic-like behaviour, was checked by radioligand binding on rat brain cryosections.’
- ‘High potency as an antagonist of 5-HT in isolated smooth muscle preparations was not correlated with high potency as a psychotomimetic.’
- ‘LSD - 25, used as a psychotomimetic, allows us to study these problems of communication from the inside and learn how to devise better methods of helping the sick.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.