One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some would proclaim that addictions are psychosomatically - induced and maintained in a semi-balanced force field of driving and restraining multidimensional forces.’
- ‘Upon her capture by police, the woman was sent to a nearby mental ward, where a disorderly orderly psychosomatically parroted her symptoms, much to the hilarious chagrin of the hospital boss.’
- ‘When the boys' parents forbid their erotic rebellion, Manga becomes psychosomatically ill, and is ushered far across a spirit lake, its shores teeming with tree dwarves and useless, fungoid superstition.’
- ‘He'd always try and psychosomatically suggest that I had hayfever symptoms, as if to bring them on… ‘Meg, your eyes are looking awfully red… would you like a tissue?’’
- ‘Aggression was expressed psychosomatically as picking at acne lesions on the skin rather than through direct verbalization.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.