One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or involving the psychological aspects of the sexual impulse.
- ‘The suggestion that Viagra might put psychosexual therapists out of business has proved false.’
- ‘The interviews included questions about psychosexual development, and some of the men mentioned early sexual experiences with adults, with various emotional reactions.’
- ‘Where Freud was wrong was in making psychosexual development so central that all other forms of social and emotional development were conceived as being derived from it.’
- ‘Freud focused on psychosexual development, seeing adolescence as a recapitulation of the development of sexual awareness in infancy.’
- ‘The therapy allowed the children to literally achieve identity and psychosexual advances and growth that resulted in ego-strengthening and increased sense of autonomy and personal worth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.