One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or involving the psychological aspects of the sexual impulse.
- ‘The interviews included questions about psychosexual development, and some of the men mentioned early sexual experiences with adults, with various emotional reactions.’
- ‘Freud focused on psychosexual development, seeing adolescence as a recapitulation of the development of sexual awareness in infancy.’
- ‘The suggestion that Viagra might put psychosexual therapists out of business has proved false.’
- ‘The therapy allowed the children to literally achieve identity and psychosexual advances and growth that resulted in ego-strengthening and increased sense of autonomy and personal worth.’
- ‘Where Freud was wrong was in making psychosexual development so central that all other forms of social and emotional development were conceived as being derived from it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.