Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Of or involving the psychological aspects of the sexual impulse.
- ‘Where Freud was wrong was in making psychosexual development so central that all other forms of social and emotional development were conceived as being derived from it.’
- ‘The suggestion that Viagra might put psychosexual therapists out of business has proved false.’
- ‘Freud focused on psychosexual development, seeing adolescence as a recapitulation of the development of sexual awareness in infancy.’
- ‘The therapy allowed the children to literally achieve identity and psychosexual advances and growth that resulted in ego-strengthening and increased sense of autonomy and personal worth.’
- ‘The interviews included questions about psychosexual development, and some of the men mentioned early sexual experiences with adults, with various emotional reactions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.