One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of psychology that deals with the relationships between physical stimuli and mental phenomena.
- ‘In psychophysics, 'ions traveling opposite to the plasma current’ are described as ‘counterpassing'.’
- ‘I thought of biochemistry in our neighboring sciences and of psychophysics, and more recently of psychopharmacology, as examples of fruitful splitting and recombination in our own science.’
- ‘They used psychophysics to show that capsaicin (found in chillies) could produce practical oral analgesia in cancer patients with oral lesions.’
- ‘One such model that has had an enormous impact, not only in psychophysics but in many diverse areas of psychology, is Signal Detection Theory.’
- ‘Working in psychophysics he became concerned with the biases that occur when subjective assessments are made.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.