Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of psychology concerned with the effects of drugs on the mind and behavior.
- ‘It is possible that other neurotransmitters are involved in the still relatively unknown psychopharmacology of stimulant medication.’
- ‘He has been active in genetic research and psychopharmacology of mental illnesses.’
- ‘Although medications were used in this case primarily to address stage - 3 personality issues, psychopharmacology can effectively complement therapy at any stage.’
- ‘Indeed, there are still many psychiatrists left in this country who talk to patients and families, provide both psychotherapy and psychopharmacology, and care for patients in a biopsychosocial context.’
- ‘I have always viewed psychopharmacology as a branch of internal medicine, not psychology.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.