Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of psychology concerned with the effects of drugs on the mind and behavior.
- ‘Although medications were used in this case primarily to address stage - 3 personality issues, psychopharmacology can effectively complement therapy at any stage.’
- ‘He has been active in genetic research and psychopharmacology of mental illnesses.’
- ‘I have always viewed psychopharmacology as a branch of internal medicine, not psychology.’
- ‘Indeed, there are still many psychiatrists left in this country who talk to patients and families, provide both psychotherapy and psychopharmacology, and care for patients in a biopsychosocial context.’
- ‘It is possible that other neurotransmitters are involved in the still relatively unknown psychopharmacology of stimulant medication.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.