One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The scientific study of mental disorders.
- ‘The nature of the hypotheses varies widely depending upon which theory of psychotherapy and psychopathology the clinician applies.’
- ‘In the 1960s, his research on schizophrenia set the standard for twin studies of psychopathology.’
- ‘Most studies of psychopathology focus on individual disorders and screen out comorbid cases to reduce diagnostic heterogeneity.’
- ‘His research interests include the treatment of pathological gambling, gambling-related cognitive psychopathology, and concurrent disorders among gamblers.’
- ‘According to cognitive theories of psychopathology, specific cognitive factors as identified here should be uniquely associated with particular emotional states or disorders.’
- 1.1 Features of people's mental health considered collectively.‘ageism, family discord and psychopathology all play their part in abuse’
- ‘The grants fund empirical studies on methods of assessment, prevention or treatment, or on issues related to the psychopathology of children or adolescents.’
- ‘He is interested in unusual psychiatric phenomena and in the psychopathology of perception.’
- ‘His interests are the psychopathology of violent criminal behaviour in children, adolescents and adults, as well as violent serial offending.’
- ‘In addition, our findings are useful in their ability to more specifically explicate the role of women's beauty and fashion magazines in the psychopathology of eating disorders.’
- ‘It should be noted that the data provide information on the organization of automatic thoughts, and do not allow any conclusions to be drawn about the relationship between specific cognitive content and psychopathology in youth.’
- 1.2 Mental or behavioral disorder.‘she showed evidence of genuine psychopathology’
- ‘Such a psychopathology would probably be more concerned with the development of the individual's sense of reality than with the vicissitudes of his infantile sexuality.’
- ‘The instructor can review the heterogeneity among batterers across several dimensions, including the severity of the violence, and the psychopathology and physiological responses of the batterer.’
- ‘He considered that some cases manifested a particular psychopathology, sometimes due to drunkenness or epilepsy, but that in a few instances it was an actual perversion brought about by a morbid disposition.’
- ‘Even if the physician recognizes the psychopathology, the patient may reject the diagnosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.