One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for neurosis
- ‘This was Freud's definition of psychoneurosis: We limit how we live so that we can limit the amount of anxiety that we experience.’
- ‘His clinical diagnosis was ‘chronic and acute anxiety psychoneurosis with generalized phobic extensions.’’
- ‘Hysteria can currently be defined as a form of psychoneurosis characterized by disturbances of the sensory and motor functions, with a high degree of susceptibility to autosuggestion or hypnosis.’
- ‘Today we would call this an anxiety-caused psychoneurosis.’
- ‘The idea that it was just depression or hysteria, a psychoneurosis or ‘all in the mind,’ he found not only ludicrous and cruel, but also dangerous, and his records contain several examples of suicide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.