One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for neurosis
- ‘This was Freud's definition of psychoneurosis: We limit how we live so that we can limit the amount of anxiety that we experience.’
- ‘The idea that it was just depression or hysteria, a psychoneurosis or ‘all in the mind,’ he found not only ludicrous and cruel, but also dangerous, and his records contain several examples of suicide.’
- ‘Today we would call this an anxiety-caused psychoneurosis.’
- ‘His clinical diagnosis was ‘chronic and acute anxiety psychoneurosis with generalized phobic extensions.’’
- ‘Hysteria can currently be defined as a form of psychoneurosis characterized by disturbances of the sensory and motor functions, with a high degree of susceptibility to autosuggestion or hypnosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.