One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of the effect of the mind on health and resistance to disease.
- ‘Early activated genes are of special interest because they mediate some of relationships between mind and body in psychoneuroimmunology.’
- ‘While a majority of studies in the field of psychoneuroimmunology have focussed on the immunosuppressive effects of stress, several studies have also revealed that under certain conditions, stress can be immunoenhancing.’
- ‘The fields of psycho-oncology and psychoneuroimmunology have established that cancer is a disease influenced by biological, psychological, and environmental factors.’
- ‘The centre offers nutritional therapy, psychoneuroimmunology (mind/body medicine), healing, massage, creative therapy, relaxation, visualisation and meditation.’
- ‘Studies in psychoneuroimmunology have demonstrated that psychological factors can adversely affect immune function.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.