One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The science of measuring mental capacities and processes.
- ‘‘For a hundred years, psychometrics have done a great job of identifying high ability in many domains, but we haven't spent as much time identifying underlying mechanisms responsible for why people test this way,’ says O'Boyle.’
- ‘The longest shadow hanging over psychometrics - the measurement of intelligence - comes from The Bell Curve, the 1994 book on genetic influences written by Richard Herrnstein and Charles Murray.’
- ‘As a particular discipline, psychometrics provides methodologies for constructing measurement tools and frameworks for testing whether such tools achieve expected objectives.’
- ‘Although this was necessary, due to the lack of pre-existing measures in the field, these measures lack established psychometrics.’
- ‘McCarthy has an expertise in psychometrics, assessment and research methods, and a longstanding commitment to education in psychology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.