One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The science of measuring mental capacities and processes.
- ‘As a particular discipline, psychometrics provides methodologies for constructing measurement tools and frameworks for testing whether such tools achieve expected objectives.’
- ‘Although this was necessary, due to the lack of pre-existing measures in the field, these measures lack established psychometrics.’
- ‘‘For a hundred years, psychometrics have done a great job of identifying high ability in many domains, but we haven't spent as much time identifying underlying mechanisms responsible for why people test this way,’ says O'Boyle.’
- ‘McCarthy has an expertise in psychometrics, assessment and research methods, and a longstanding commitment to education in psychology.’
- ‘The longest shadow hanging over psychometrics - the measurement of intelligence - comes from The Bell Curve, the 1994 book on genetic influences written by Richard Herrnstein and Charles Murray.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.