Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or deriving from psychometry or psychometrics.
- ‘The issue of measurement equivalence was examined because it is becoming a critical psychometric concern for test users.’
- ‘Item analysis aims to identify ineffective items and improve the psychometric properties of a test.’
- ‘Some might feel perplexed by the differences in the psychometric properties of the test in the two university samples.’
- ‘The psychometric tests found that the users and past users had poorer immediate and delayed verbal memory recall.’
- ‘In fact, it is a more specific question than that: what is it about the human brain that makes some people better at psychometric intelligence test items than others?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.