Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or deriving from psychometry or psychometrics.
- ‘Some might feel perplexed by the differences in the psychometric properties of the test in the two university samples.’
- ‘Item analysis aims to identify ineffective items and improve the psychometric properties of a test.’
- ‘The psychometric tests found that the users and past users had poorer immediate and delayed verbal memory recall.’
- ‘In fact, it is a more specific question than that: what is it about the human brain that makes some people better at psychometric intelligence test items than others?’
- ‘The issue of measurement equivalence was examined because it is becoming a critical psychometric concern for test users.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.