Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[treated as singular] The study of the relationships between linguistic behavior and psychological processes, including the process of language acquisition.
- ‘His research interests include developmental psycholinguistics, psychology of language, and developmental psychology.’
- ‘The framework of Baddeley's research has played a central role in the development of theories in cognitive psychology, psycholinguistics, cognitive neuroscience and cognitive aging.’
- ‘The question of why verbs and pronouns tend to vary in the extent to which they agree with collective nouns is a topic of some interest in psycholinguistics.’
- ‘Miller, an APA president in 1969, has been an innovator in the study of language and cognition, helping to establish psycholinguistics as an independent field of research in psychology.’
- ‘There are few, too few, working linguists who have a good command of the various subdisciplines of the field, such as psycholinguistics, historical linguistics, theory of grammar, etc.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.