treated as singular The study of the relationships between linguistic behavior and psychological processes, including the process of language acquisition.
- ‘Miller, an APA president in 1969, has been an innovator in the study of language and cognition, helping to establish psycholinguistics as an independent field of research in psychology.’
- ‘There are few, too few, working linguists who have a good command of the various subdisciplines of the field, such as psycholinguistics, historical linguistics, theory of grammar, etc.’
- ‘His research interests include developmental psycholinguistics, psychology of language, and developmental psychology.’
- ‘The framework of Baddeley's research has played a central role in the development of theories in cognitive psychology, psycholinguistics, cognitive neuroscience and cognitive aging.’
- ‘The question of why verbs and pronouns tend to vary in the extent to which they agree with collective nouns is a topic of some interest in psycholinguistics.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.