Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The supposed ability to move objects by mental effort alone.
- ‘This is one of the most complete overviews of what may be subsumed under the rubric of psychokinesis, the parapsychological term for the influence of mind over matter without using any sensory modalities.’
- ‘On the other hand, observation of extrasensory perception and psychokinesis is tenuous at best.’
- ‘It is not until almost the very end of the book that he even hints at the possibility of paranormal phenomena such as psychokinesis and telepathy, and then only very indirectly.’
- ‘The other document described ‘bioinformation’ such as telepathy, precognition and clairvoyance and bioenergetics like psychokinesis and telekinesis.’
- ‘Many paranormal events are said to be experienced only by those with psychic powers, such as extrasensory perception or psychokinesis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.