One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Jargon used in popular psychology.
specialized language, technical language, slang, cant, idiom, argot, patter, patois, vernacularView synonyms
- ‘The author aims to provide readers with a ‘profound psychological insight’ into the life of Bill Clinton but ends up spouting Freudian psychobabble.’
- ‘Is this self-indulgent psychobabble or legitimate therapy?’
- ‘Furthermore, a good chunk of his theory is untestable metaphysics, psychobabble and gobbledygook.’
- ‘Unfortunately, in this reviewer's estimation, it is a flawed one: an attempted blend of evolutionary theory as the basis for psychology and implausible Freudian psychobabble.’
- ‘Page after page of manic ramblings crowd these uneven stories to a claustrophobic pitch, threatening to lose even the most attentive of readers with their jargon-heavy, obfuscated psychobabble.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.